Friday, October 28, 2011

Videos of my veins

Here are a few pictures and ultrasound videos taken from the procedure.  Give the videos a few seconds to load.......


This video shows the doctor opening the 20mm balloon inside my right jugular vein.  20mm's is apparently quite a large sized balloon for a little person like me.  Dr. Harris predicted that my right jugular was so large because of the missing jugular on the left.  They opened the balloon in that particular location because it was where the vein had closed up (aka: CCSVI), therefore limiting blood flow:


This ultrasound video depicts my blood flowing freely after the balloon was opened and the vein was corrected (still the right jugular):


This last video is the left side of my neck.  No jugular present but Dr. Harris was confident that the network of tiny veins were sufficiently draining the blood from the brain:  No jugular = no problem!


This picture just freaks me out!  It shows how far the wire traveled after entering through my groin:


H. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment