Thursday, May 10, 2012

MS Walk Number Five: Complete!

If you're friends with me on Facebook, you probably already know that I've been fundraising for the MS Society's MS Walk, as I do every year. Well that walk happened this past weekend, May 6th, and once again I was blown away by the amount of money I was able to raise.

Being that it was my 5th year participating in this event, I needed wanted to take a more relaxed approach. I realized that people needed a break from donating as much as I needed a break from fundraising. When every day you try your hardest to forget you have MS, fundraising is rough because it's a constant reminder. That's why I needed a little break. I also didn't want to pester my family with incessant requests for donations as they were quick to help me out with the cost of my very expensive procedure back in the fall.

Nevertheless my lax attempt did me well. I totaled in at $4355.00, putting me in 2nd place for Top Manitoba Fundraisers. The team I walked with hauled in a grand total of $25,984.00 (with funds still rolling in) which I'm happy to say made us the top Manitoba team. Way to go, MASS SYNERGY!

I say it every year: that I don't plan on participating in next years Walk, but when the time comes to sign up, I'm drawn in every time.  I've been mad at, and skeptical with the MS Society in the past but realistically, they're our number one means of promoting awareness, funding research and providing resources to anyone living with the awful disease. They may not have fully satisfied customers since the CCSVI discovery and their promptness in dealing with the news, however how would we realistically end this disease without them?  For now, I'll continue doing what I've been doing for the last 5 years. We'll see what happens next.


MS Walk 2012 - A big THANKS to all my supporters!

H. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment