Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Social Media & MS

I've been silent. But silence is golden, is it not?...

February & March have come and gone and I haven't written a post in weeks. And I love writing. Especially online. I guess it's technically called typing then, but you know what I mean. Even though I don't know who I'm writing to anymore (I hope someone somewhere is getting something from this) at least I know who I'm writing for... me! 

When I was questioning my decision to have the CCSVI procedure, I found comfort in reading about other peoples experiences. To read that they had had the same fears and reservations as myself, it helped assure that no matter what decision I made, I wasn't alone. Whether a medical professional giving their opinion on this new idea of CCSVI, an advocate for basic human rights speaking their mind on how MS patients are being mistreated and ignored, or a regular girl like myself contemplating undergoing the procedure and trying to do everything possible to make an informed decision, blogs and forums have been my savior over the past 2 years. In fact, these blogs and forums have basically been the main hub for getting accurate, up-to-date information about the goings on of anything and everything CCSVI. So now with my very own blog, I'd like to extend the invite to anyone who wants to contact me privately to chat, vent or ask questions regarding my own CCSVI experience. My e-mail is hdslaney@gmail.com


The MS world has united online in a force so big it is literally replacing the conversations being had with our own neurologists. For the most part, these neurologists refuse to provide us with information on the topic, so we turn to asking others. The patient pioneers who paved the way for the tens of thousand of MSers around the world who've since had their veins treated for CCSVI have my utmost respect and gratitude for their initial braveness. It was these earlier patients who were not only brave enough to undergo an unproven procedure, but  who have continued to speak out publicly about the greatness of it and encouraged others to have it done as well. The way we look at and treat MS is changing and with all said and done, I don't for a second regret my decision. I hope someone can read this blog and make that same decision for themselves.


H. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment