Saturday, November 5, 2011

2nd Week Post-Procedure

Oct 19-25th.
I have a hard time saying this out loud because I'm quite superstitious and I don't want to jinx anything, but....... I'm feeling pretty great :) It's been two weeks post-procedure and I can honestly say that this is the best I've felt in almost a year!  I've been recovering sans-stress, eating well, staying hydrated, sleeping lots, being optimistic & hopeful, and apparently........ it's working.  People keep telling me I have more color in my face and that am looking good (yay blood flow!).  I'll take it. 

However, there's a question that I face: when someone like me has health issues that can make them feel crappy > 50% of the time, is it OK to push yourself (possibly over-doing it) when you have a feel-good day?  I personally have the tendency to take those "good" days and run with them, pushing myself maybe a little too hard to get all the things done that I put off for so long when I wasn't feeling so hot.  It's hard not to act this way when you're so used to feeling less than par most of the time.  If you wake up feeling great one morning, you want to get the most out of this day because who knows what tomorrow will bring.  Unfortunately, when you push yourself in this fashion, tomorrow usually brings... a bad day.  You can't win!  Opinions???

Anyway, I've been feeling good all week and I'm forcing myself to take it as easy as possible, and I'm doing a pretty good job at it.  Mom knew I was back to my normal self when she called and I answered my cell phone from the stall of a dressing room at the mall :)

Here's to my continued progress and free flowing veins!


H. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment